I’ve at all times liked this outdated TV collection with futuristic tech in these futuristic autos, like Knight Rider, Air Wolf, Road Hawk and so forth. So it got me fascinated about how simple it could be to add a pc to a car. Now I do know it been completed earlier than and a quick Google search shows a number of web sites and firms making very advanced cars and different automobile computer systems, however at a large price.
- Its low cost
- it’s very small
- small energy requirements (runs off a micro USB automobile charger)
- versatile video and audio outputs (HDMI and Composite RCA for video, HDMI and three.5mm audio jack for audio)
- and better of all you may change working programs by merely switching out SD playing cards
Beneath is a photograph of the Raspberry Pi operating the superb media center kind working system Raspbmc which is ideal for shopping and taking part in your media assortment utilizing a media center distant or one thing related, as proven in my ‘buying record’ under.
What I did
Properly firstly I had the Xtron automobile DVD participant for the Ford already fitted and it may be discovered on this website right here http://www.xtrons.co.uk/ and there are DVD/Radio gamers for various automobile producers. Nevertheless, you don’t really need one among these for those who can place a TFT display elsewhere. I even have one among these.
- Raspberry Pi (Clearly)
- Xtrons Car DVD player
- 7” TFT monitor (for again seats or predominant monitor)
- Additional composite video cable and three.5mm audio cable
- Wi-fi N USB dongle from Amazon
- Xenta Wi-fi Mini Keyboard from Ebuyer(now out of inventory) Strive this one as a substitute
- Micro USB car charger